Dramatically reduce the effects of chemical agents on you or your officers.
Many decontamination products enhance pain and spread capsaicinoids. Because SABRE knows you can’t clean and soothe the skin with a single formula, we developed two unique solutions that work together to combat irritation and prevent reactivation:
- SABRE Decon Cleanse
Removes chemical agents from the skin while preventing additional penetration and further spread of pepper spray.
- SABRE Decon Soothe
Moistens cleaned skin treated first by SABRE Decon Cleanse and dramatically reduces the effects of chemical agents.
The SABRE decontamination concept provides a much faster and more comfortable recovery, helping you get back to duty faster.
Subject decontamination process
Once the subject has been physically restrained…
- Remove them from contaminated area.
- Assess potential medical concerns.
- Reassure the subject that effects are temporary, and that you’ll assist in providing relief.
- Remove any contaminated clothing (if appropriate) and seal in plastic bag.
- Soak cloth in cool, clean water and use to wipe subject’s skin – but don’t rub the eyes.
- Flush eyes and skin with cool, clean water
- Encourage subject to strobe eyes, creating natural tears, especially if no water source is available. Ask subject to close eyes tightly and then open widely, and repeat a number of times to produce a stream of tears. Don’t use your hands to help subject open and close eyes.
Subject decontamination reminders
- Closely monitor subject.
- Subject should begin to feel relief within 20-30 minutes.
- Most effects should completely subside within an hour.
- Subject or properly trained EMT personnel should remove contact lenses.
Area decontamination process
- Open all windows and entrances possible for maximum ventilation. Fans help as well.
- Vacuum any fabric-based carpet or furniture.
- Wash hard surfaces with soap and water.
- As circumstances allow, restrict access to the area until decontamination is observed.